In the US, where it is quickly spreading, a new Covid sub-variant is raising some alarm. It is yet another descendant of the Omicron Covid form, which is now widespread throughout the world and which itself followed the previous Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta variations.
Since it first appeared in late 2021, Omicron has exceeded all prior iterations of the coronavirus and has given rise to numerous sub-variants that are even more contagious than the original.
Though it is currently too soon to confirm it, it is believed that the symptoms of XBB.1.5 are comparable to those of earlier Omicron strains. Most people have symptoms similar to a cold.
- Henan has more than 88 Million Infected Residents, According to an Official
- UK President Convenes Emergency Meeting to Discuss Troubled Health System
- What is known about the XBB.1.5 Variation of the new Covid?
- Concern Raised by Pakistan Medical Association Regarding Two new COVID Variations
- Travelers from China are Subject to COVID Regulations in Canada and Australia
- Data on the impact of COVID in China must be shared by officials, says the WHO