In a standstill of US governance not seen since the time before the Civil War, Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader of the House of Representatives, has failed in his most recent attempt to be elected speaker.
On the third day of voting, a group of right-wing members in his party thwarted an eleventh attempt to elect him. The standoff has prevented the House from swearing in new members or passing legislation since the Republicans took control of the chamber in the midterm elections in November.
- The Resignation of Jacinda Ardern Raises Additional Concerns about Justin Trudeau’s Future
- Biden says no Regrets about how he Handled the Sensitive Documents
- A US Judge Fines Donald Trump Almost $1 Million for the Clinton lawsuit
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern Resigns due to Burnout
- According to the White House, Biden’s House Doesn’t Keep Visitor Logs
- Widespread Outrage Following the xecution of a British-Iranian, Alireza Akbari
- As a Result of the Discovery of Classified Documents, Biden’s Visitor Logs are Being Investigated
- Discreet Documents Discovered in Biden’s former Private Office